Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought an faulty bike

Options
  • 03-10-2019 7:05pm

Hi so we bought a bike on the 7th September. A few days later the peddle came off and couldn't be put on by ourselves( the washer or part is wrung)
    Brought it back to halfords and they said theyd fix it at no cost (lol) and sent it away for a week. Now yesterday same thing happens. I'm 3 days away from the 28 day purchase period. I will bring it back tomor. I'm just curious as to what is my legal standing. Its obviously not in working order. I'll get really pissed off If they suggest fixing again. So what's my rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Hi so we bought a bike on the 7th September. A few days later the peddle came off and couldn't be put on by ourselves( the washer or part is wrung)
    Brought it back to halfords and they said theyd fix it at no cost (lol) and sent it away for a week. Now yesterday same thing happens. I'm 3 days away from the 28 day purchase period. I will bring it back tomor. I'm just curious as to what is my legal standing. Its obviously not in working order. I'll get really pissed off If they suggest fixing again. So what's my rights?

A week to fix a pedal is totally unreasonable. It should be done in a day. The 28 day purchase period does not invalidate your statutory rights. Bring the bike back to Halfords and get a cash refund.

Also there are some smaller bike shops that give a better level of service and supply better bikes.

Best of luck.

Advertisement