Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 showers

Options
  • 03-10-2019 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi,

i now have 2 showers, 1 in en en suite (electric) 1 in new bathroom (power shower). question is can i use the 2 at same time? reason i ask is was in electric last night and after 5mins water went cold but since discovered young fella has having one same time (power shower). we were under the impression that we could use them both at same time and thats why we went with the power shower! any one know anything about this? may have been just coincidence. seems be working fine today as had shower this morning. any info greatly appreciated, excuse the ignorance.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

Is your house water supply pumped?, ie a storage tank with a pump that provides pressurized water to the unvented hot water tank, also to the power shower and also to the electric shower if you have a "mains" electric shower like a trident T90. If so then with both showers in action together, the pump may not be able to supply the electric shower with a minimum of 1 bar which it requires to keep the heating elements energised, both showers will be drawing around 15 to ~ 25 LPM when both are in use together.

If you have a electric shower with a integral pump like a trident T90 then this will be fed from a header tank and if this header tank is also supplying the power shower as well then you my have problems as well. Try and establish what type of electric and power showers you have and also the water supply, also any details of pump(s) would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dickwhittington

hi,

ya know what im not entirely sure but i think so re pumped water. tank in attic basically and a triton t80 shower in en suite. power shower in new bathroom running off the hot water in boiler as per taps etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

The Triton T80 is a "mains" supplied shower so it may just be supplied from the rising main to the header tank, IF you have a mains supplied combi boiler supplying your hot water then you will certainly have problems running both showers together and even if not a combi boiler if the mains supply is poor then you will encounter problems as well as you are filling the header tank and trying to maintain I bar pressure to your electric shower at the same time.
    If the header tank is supplying the hot&cold water to the rest of the house, you could get a 1/2 ins gate valve installed before the header tank ballcock and throttle this in to maintain a reasonable pressure while still filling the header tank, as long as the header tank doesn't run out of water as a result of course.

Advertisement