Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler timer not keeping time, staying on

Options
  • 03-10-2019 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi I posted a couple of weeks back here about a problem I had with boiler (Ariston E System One). Plumber said that there was some kind of blockage/grit in the system although it was flushed when new boiler was installed last December. Original plumber came back yesterday and flushed the system again and everything seemed to be in order when he left.
    However, I put the system on clock and set it for couple of hours yesterday afternoon. I noticed the house was very hot later and went to check and could see that the clock hands had not moved and boiler had just stayed on despite being on clock. I tried to reset the boiler and it goes to TEST on the display but stays that way and doesn't seem to complete. Tried turning off power at the mains and back on too. Is the clock busted or is there a way I can reset this and could this be a bigger problem? Doing my head in at this stage as handed over a couple of grand less than a year ago. I presume I can get a service from Ariston even though I never registered the warranty?
    Thanks.

Comments

Inkers92 wrote: »
    Hi I posted a couple of weeks back here about a problem I had with boiler (Ariston E System One). Plumber said that there was some kind of blockage/grit in the system although it was flushed when new boiler was installed last December. Original plumber came back yesterday and flushed the system again and everything seemed to be in order when he left.
    However, I put the system on clock and set it for couple of hours yesterday afternoon. I noticed the house was very hot later and went to check and could see that the clock hands had not moved and boiler had just stayed on despite being on clock. I tried to reset the boiler and it goes to TEST on the display but stays that way and doesn't seem to complete. Tried turning off power at the mains and back on too. Is the clock busted or is there a way I can reset this and could this be a bigger problem? Doing my head in at this stage as handed over a couple of grand less than a year ago. I presume I can get a service from Ariston even though I never registered the warranty?
    Thanks.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

He might have left a motorised valve in the manual position

rightjob! wrote: »
    He might have left a motorised valve in the manual position

They have a internal time clock so the clock may need a bit of love to get it functioning

Advertisement