Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi control for both gas boiler and electric hot water immersion

Options
  • 03-10-2019 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Hope someone can help, I have moved into a house which has two separate controls for Gas boiler and electric hot water. I would like to control them both remotely, what is the best solution?

I use to live in an apartment where the gas had two zones for water and central heating so I used Nest. But the new gas system doesn’t have zones.

So what would the best system be to control both?

Anyone done this before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I'm in the middle of getting quotes for installing the below which would allow you to zone it, you may also get the grant.

https://www.ie.screwfix.com/drayton-1-channel-wiser-radiator-thermostat-control-kit-white.html

You would need TRV fitted to all the rads though and buy extra smart TRV valves for each rad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SafetyJames

Any help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

One simple solution is to use Hive thermostat control for gas boiler and Timeguard for your immersion. The Hive option will depend on whether the boiler also heats your water. Both accessible over WiFi.
    There are some threads here covering both product lines. Just search the plumbing/heating forum.

Advertisement