Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POLL:Will this "You're A Star" be the Best?

Options
  • 29-11-2004 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Will this "You're A Star" be the Best series so far or the worst?

Last year was a joke! can it get any worse?

will this be the best series of You're A Star? 11 votes

YES!
    0% 0 votes
    NO!
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Will this "You're A Star" be the Best series so far or the worst?

Last year was a joke! can it get any worse?

Yes...yes it can.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Will this year's "You're A Star" be the best?

Of what, a bad bunch???

Besides which, they are NOT stars, Gawd love them, and who are RTE to tell them tey are anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Besides which, they are NOT stars, Gawd love them, and who are RTE to tell them tey are anyway?

Who the **** are u to tell them their not?

So far its been a breath of fresh air. That Louis Walsh is a fool. A fool.

It personlly think it was the judges fault last year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Who the hell is that red haired cow? You can tell the two slags haven't a notion about music. That rusty-knobbed skanger is apparently some failed popstar... this makes her qualified to judge the quality of other acts? Get back to Ballymun, you scumbag.

As for Dave Fanning, he should crawl under a rock and die of shame for agreeing to appear on this excuse for entertainment. Judging Eurovision hopefuls, for craps sake.

Louis Walsh may have been an annoying twat who looked like Corky from 'Life Goes On' but at least he is a successful music industry veteran. These two no-hopers and some never-was music DJ are crap, rubbish, stupid, ignorant, annoying and ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

The Jack Osbourne look alike from shannon in the first episode was quite good it better be better than last time.

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote:
    Who the **** are u to tell them their not?

So far its been a breath of fresh air. That Louis Walsh is a fool. A fool.

It personlly think it was the judges fault last year anyway.

Stars: People who are exceptional, for instance , Marilyn Monroe, The Beatles, Robert DeNiro, David Bowie.
    None of these cabaret hacks on Ur A Pleb have anything special about them. Where are the previous "winners" of this show? Enjoying the good life, are they? No.

Stars they are not. I don't have to be a chef to know the chips are burned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Who the hell is that red haired cow? You can tell the two slags haven't a notion about music. That rusty-knobbed skanger is apparently some failed popstar... this makes her qualified to judge the quality of other acts?
    She was in a band called dove that had a crap one hit then she released a single last year that was crap too. She also appeared on the late late show a few years back talking about getting her tits done and showing those chicken fillet things she used to use to prop up her tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Last year's series was pretty good, up until they were given the crap songs at the end.

This series is alright, except the judges are just awful: Dave Fanning natters to himself all the time, while the two women take it too seriously.

goose2005 wrote:
    Last year's series was pretty good, up until they were given the crap songs at the end.

This series is alright, except the judges are just awful: Dave Fanning natters to himself all the time, while the two women take it too seriously.

Yeah, thought it was a SONG contest? There's a Louis Walsh connection to all he ...ahem!.."writers" involved.

Since when is fathead mcfadden a real songwriter anyway? Does anyone really think he's any use?

"Born in London, late october, you in June on Hertzegovia" Surely he meant Herzegovina? Plonker.

Keith Molloy ,who wrote " We've got the world", (not to be confused with " Fly On The Wings of Love" because it sounds exactly the same),wrote songs for B*witched (remember them?). A pattern emerges...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Louis Walsh may have been an annoying twat who looked like Corky from 'Life Goes On'

ROFL when i read that.... and the more i think of it you are right... he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It wasn't bad last sunday, in fairness. It was a special 'bands' edition, where there were alot of 3 and 4 piece bands auditioning. Alot of them weren't bad at all. Lots of guitar/bass/drums bands, and thats fine by me. Got a good laugh out of the death metal band's cover of Dancing Queen :)

Pity only 6 out of 75 bands got through....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Stars: People who are exceptional, for instance , Marilyn Monroe, The Beatles, Robert DeNiro, David Bowie.
    None of these cabaret hacks on Ur A Pleb have anything special about them. Where are the previous "winners" of this show? Enjoying the good life, are they? No.

Well are the winners of Pop Idol Idols? NO! Where are they now?

I mean come on we all have different ideas of what a star is. I don't consider David Bowie a star, but he could easily be an idol.

Well Mickey Jo Hart got a number 1 album out of it, which is more then popstars SIX. And his other songs seemed good. Not that I went out and bought the album or single etc etc. or rang up etc etc.

These shows make money from Phone Calls etc etc.

There a variation on "Go For it!" your not going to get a star from that format either.

Elmo wrote:
    Well are the winners of Pop Idol Idols? NO! Where are they now?

I mean come on we all have different ideas of what a star is. I don't consider David Bowie a star, but he could easily be an idol.

Well Mickey Jo Hart got a number 1 album out of it, which is more then popstars SIX. And his other songs seemed good. Not that I went out and bought the album or single etc etc. or rang up etc etc.

These shows make money from Phone Calls etc etc.

There a variation on "Go For it!" your not going to get a star from that format either.

Correct, so that's who I am to say they're not stars, do you know what I mean? Pop idols is the same thing, different name.Mickey Joe is back playing pubs,dropped by Sony due to poor sales. Bear in mind a number 1 in Ireland involves sales of only a few thousand units, depending on the time of year.

Simon Casey is gone country, Chris Doran can't draw a crowd outside his strong voting areas. I know all 3 personally. I tell you, these shows exploit the contestants, then discard them.The band 6 were told by the people involved in their show that they'd be huge,and given instruction on how to handle to pressures of money and fame.

Are we going to see a Bowie, Radiohead or even a Travis come out of these shows, any of them?
    That's my point about it. It's karaoke for the telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Yeah talent is not as good as last year, and thats not saying much if Chris Doran managed to win it.

What annoys me is that they say no to people who are really good because they don't have the look, or the "style". Since when did you need to be good looking for eurovision?! That fella that came 2nd last year was hardly stunning :mad:

meepmeep wrote:
    Yeah talent is not as good as last year, and thats not saying much if Chris Doran managed to win it.

What annoys me is that they say no to people who are really good because they don't have the look, or the "style". Since when did you need to be good looking for eurovision?! That fella that came 2nd last year was hardly stunning :mad:

Yes, what you say is less important than HOW YOU LOOK when you say it.
    I remember seeing Samantha Mumba being interviewed about "Body To Body", and she looked at the interviewer blankly when he asked if she liked the original. She'd no ideathere HAD been an original.

Simon Casey had no real input into his last album. He few to London to put his vocal on completed tracks. Wouldn't be for me...

Advertisement