Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P30 pro. Message numbers no names

Options
  • 02-10-2019 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

Hi. I was hoping for some help. My message app only shows about half my contacts in names the rest in numbers. This is awkward when I want to sent a text if I don't know the number. I have to look in up. In my contacts all the names are there so no problems it's just in text I have names missing. I've tried Al lot and can't seem to be able to fix this. I've given up on the Huawei helpline. I can't get thru. Any help. Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

What's the "message app" in question?
    Is it the texting app, or something else like WhatsApp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

It's the standard message app that came with the phone. I have what's app. It has no problems. I tried linking the apps. syncing the contacts.google messenger. And any other thing I can think off I even said a little prayer. Nothing has worked. My wife has the same phone she has no problems. We have compared settings and we cant see a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

You may have duplicate contacts or dual numbers with missing information and the message application is getting confused.

I'd recommend going to https://contacts.google.com/ and checking / merging duplicates. Give it a minute to sync changes to your phone, force stop / clear cache (not data) of your messaging application and open it again.

google-duplicate-contacts.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Adverts fox That did the trick. Thanks a million. I really appreciate your help

Advertisement