Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo Fibre Broadband Issues and providers

Options
  • 01-10-2019 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,
    [snip]
    My current situation is this, I have eir phone/broadband, speed between 5-7 Mbps .
    Eir have rolled out fibre in our village, omitting 5 houses (one of which is mine), a distance of an extra 350 metres. Anyhow, have complained to all parties including MCC, all very sympthetic but no real solutions.
    Also our mobile phone coverage is very poor and have to exit the house to gain signal.
    Nearest two masts are between 4 -8 miles from our village.
    So my dilemma/question is, do I stay with eir??(out of contract) swap to Sky??( neighbour on sky gets 1Mbps more than me.) or do I explore some of these other companies eg. imagine ? But for the latter I would require good mobile coverage, is that correct?
    Also any feedback good or bad when dealing with these companies would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Posting your full street address to the internet is usually considered unwise (nice mobile home).

Invest the €600-800 to install a cellular repeater for the house. Thatll sort your mobile out.

Imagine have nothing to do with mobile phone coverage. Really your best bet is to ask somebody within the fiber to the home footprint to share their connection with you over a point 2 point wireless link.

Advertisement