Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Jeremy.... Hunt... SCUM!!"

Options
  • 01-10-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

This is a bit of an odd one:

It's happened more than once during my commute home, when cycling through Clonskeagh, that an elderly gentleman in a black trench coat sees me approaching from the footpath, rears up and spits the phrase "Jeremy.... Hunt... SCUM!!" with impressive venom just as I pass.

I have so many questions. I feel bad for the elderly gent, he's clearly not in full control of his faculties. But to give him his credit, it's certainly a unique form of cyclist abuse - I mean, how did Jeremy Hunt get wrapped up in the whole thing. Is he confusing Jeremy Hunt with Jeremy Vine? And he really hits that SCUM part with aplomb, it's quite artful in a way. Does he only shout this at ME?! :eek: :D

Has anyone else fallen foul of him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Maybe he was using a word that rhymed with Hunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

I think it may be just you. I regularly commute home through Clonskeagh and I have never witnessed anything like that. What did you do to the poor guy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are you actually Jeremy Hunt though?
    i guess if you were, you'd be at the tory party conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Vincenzo Nibbly

Maybe he was using a word that rhymed with Hunt?

It was definitely "Jeremy Hunt". I'd say it could be rhyming slang, but he's not demonstrated that much restraint

Zen0 wrote: »
    I think it may be just you. I regularly commute home through Clonskeagh and I have never witnessed anything like that. What did you do to the poor guy?

I wish I knew! :confused:

• Advertisement

are you actually Jeremy Hunt though?
    i guess if you were, you'd be at the tory party conference.

Well that would certainly explain it, however I've not been invited to the Tory conference, so I must not be Jeremy Hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Unless you are Jeremy Hunt, I would not worry. If you are though, well. Hmmmmmm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

another random bit of (this time non-verbal) invective directed at prominent british people is the 'BRIT ROYALS GO HOME' painted on the road at greenanstown in meath, a few years ago.
    perhaps a local was worried that charles and camilla (i think this coincided with their visit) would visit the area, lulled into a false sense of welcome, and this was merely a way of correcting their mistaken impression. however, i suspect this didn't happen and the gesture was meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,299 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I think I may have come across him kinda between the UCD gates and Bird Avenue. I normally cut through UCD to the N11, but did have someone shouting at me on the clonskeagh road probably in the spring at this stage.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

"Clarkson" (or indeed Corbyn) don't have the same impact as Hunt

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I think I may have come across him kinda between the UCD gates and Bird Avenue. I normally cut through UCD to the N11, but did have someone shouting at me on the clonskeagh road probably in the spring at this stage.

This is the closest thing to a confirmed second 'Jeremy Hunt-ing' in this thread.

Thank you for confirming that I've not arbitrarily been singled out for this startling behaviour! :o

Recall talk on here before of a similar individual shouting at cyclists. Maybe the same guy?

I know I met a man 2 or 3 times in the bike lane at the luas bridge in dundrum heading for Churchtown but that was years ago now when I was living around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Why not stop and ask him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Sure it’s not Mike Hunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

A couple of years ago, I worked in one of the ****tier areas of Dublin and every morning this fat fool in an electric wheelchair used to roar at me on my bike. He used to have his son sitting on his lap, assumed he was taking him to school. Could never figure out what he was roaring or why. Turned out he was in the wheelchair because he was crippled from a joyriding accident and got a pot of money from the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Maybe the guy in clonskeagh is a fan of 90s British cycling...

Good old Jez Hunt - one of the new wave of British cyclists on the continent in the mid 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Maybe don't wear the Big Mat jersey.

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Sure it’s not Mike Hunt?

or his brother, Isaac?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Beasty wrote: »
    "Clarkson" (or indeed Corbyn) don't have the same impact as Hunt

I'd be far more offended to be referred to as a Jeremy Clarkson than a Jeremy Hunt.

Advertisement