Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom - PURE JOKE! Avoid!!!

Options
  • 30-09-2019 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

1-They cant setup a service properly,
    2-their modems are crappy and firmware ancient,
    3-they havent got technicians,
    4-they cant fix/troubleshoot issues any further than i can from home.
    5- they dont keep their contractual word on billing frequency, and they don't send you an invoice either, they send you a hyperlink to sign up for MYPURE to view invoices.. wtf, hell no do i want ANY part in your old crappy website portal, i just wana see my bill)
    BUT!, they can set up a decent sheep filled call centre to take money and offer excuses veiled in pleasantries.

This excuse that they are dependent on other organization's technicians just means "we are saving tons of cash by not hiring our own technicians or getting decent contract terms with EIR technicians, you guys are gonna suffer while out wallets grow fat"

So they have an "outstanding" customer support centre lol, where they just bull**** you as they think you know nothing about networking and ISPs like most people, and tell you to wait for a week or more with no/crippled internet while they scab a technician from another company. (i live in the most populated part of ireland where the fk are the people on the ground? imagine the waiting time to a remote part omg..)

They think they can run a low cost ryanair/goldcar scam operation and patch up the situation with low waiting times to reach a support agent? BULL

This country has one of the worst internet infrastructures in the world and if Pure Telecom think they'll survive such a business model they better slash their prices by half or quarter (to align with a sensible international broadband price at the very f###ing least)

Look at the reviews online, SCATHING, i really should have before taking the plunge with them, oh well life is full of work etc i cant sherlock holmes every conartist telecommunications company on this island before purchasing.. kind of just expecting a decent internet service, its bloody 2019...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

I've been with them for more than a year now.

While I find they sometimes make a couple of mistakes, they're generally very quick to resolve.

1-They can setup a service properly.
    2-Their modems aren't great, this is true.
    3-They havent got technicians - they use eir's network which is maintained by KN Group.
    4-They diagnosed an issue I was having with a fault in the line and sent KN Group to resolve.
    5-Bill is very easy to access (UI isn't the prettiest, but it works).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TrichomeJungle

most of the country hasnt heard of fibre (never mind all the way to the router even *facepalm) and mobile data is like 2G from a decade ago in anywhere outside of little itsy bitsy dublin county.

Selling fibre broadband that doesnt even reach your router as a fibre connection is like selling a dream beach holiday resort in Ballina, Co Mayo.

KylieWyley -

how is not being emailed your bill and asked to join a decrepit portal easy?

i think they told you they diagnosed a fault when they just realized "turn it off and on again" didnt work and they realized they had to ask their buddies to sort u an engineer

*although im sure they keep some percentage of customers happy yes

*yes they tried to suggest a rodent might have ruined my line.. in a new estate built in the last decade, where there is no broadband issue to speak of with ISPs that supply decent Modems, until i make the dreaded pure telecom switch

It took them a month to send out a modem, almost another to get an engineer to flip a switch and hop back in the van

Ok, after backing various callcentre apologetics in a corner, venting on social media and boards.ie, guess what?

My connection isnt dropping out half as frequently, isnt that amazing that you need to complain before somethings done right?

Oh wait, they took the 100Mbps line and choked the speed, so that it wouldn't drop out as frequently *facepalm
    Now, if i was a regular consumer id think "Omg, they fixed it!"

Not that i am getting an overpriced, ancient connection that's now been constricted to half its potential..

Beautiful setup the irish citizens can accept as theirs, honestly! (anywhere within the very central dublin postcodes)

*edit- adding an n't to would

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Ok I'm gonna explain a couple of things.
    Only virgin magnet and wisps have their own engineers on their own networks for all on open eir network kn does the work open eir use kn as a trusted partner they are not going to vet every ISP and allow them access to the internal workings of their network.
    This is not anybody being cheap kn serve as a contractor to all isps on openeir network.
    A fault on your line is only something a ISP can report and demand action taken however long it actually takes the network to act on it is up to openeir/kn
    Not everybody can get 100mbps on a copper line the further out you are the less you get. If it's set at a 100meg where attainable a are only 70 it's gonna drop out alot or not lock on at all the only cure to it is to drop your profile lower than the attainable threshold.
    limiting it. This is not the isps fault either it's just a reality of the network.
    If you have a car with only 1 gear and it can do 8000rpm in it but due to the engine and weight of it fully laden the manufacturer recommends running it at 6000rpm and calls everything beyond that the redline to not exceed. Sure it'll go faster if you keep it there but for how long until it claps out?
    That's why the profile gets choked. You want it to run consistently not on and off dropping in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Selling fibre broadband that doesnt even reach your router as a fibre connection is like selling a dream beach holiday resort in Ballina, Co Mayo.

Fibre to an ONT built into a router is very rare in this country, fibre to an ONT in your house and then Ethernet to the router is what's used on both the Eir and SIRO FTTH networks.
    What's wrong with doing it this way? It works well in my opinion and makes it easy to change router.

Advertisement