Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barista Courses Dublin

Options
  • 30-09-2019 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any good barista Courses in Dublin for cheap. Fairly decent at making lattes, cappuccinos etc. and make them at home and in the bar I work part time in. I just want a cheap short course on a Saturday which would help spice up my coffee skills and something that aims a lot on perfecting coffee art.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any good barista Courses in Dublin for cheap. Fairly decent at making lattes, cappuccinos etc. and make them at home and in the bar I work part time in. I just want a cheap short course on a Saturday which would help spice up my coffee skills and something that aims a lot on perfecting coffee art.

I did the 3FE one and as fun as it was there was **** all on it you couldn’t learn from watching YouTube videos and practice. Just my two cents

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

I did the 3FE one and as fun as it was there was **** all on it you couldn’t learn from watching YouTube videos and practice. Just my two cents

Much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Much was it?

https://3fe.com/page/classes

I did the 5 hour one. €250

Nice way to spend a day with like minded people playing with a commercial machine etc as well.

Ultimately it was grand but nothing in it that can’t be learnt online to be honest.

My advice would be spend the €250 on coffee subs instead.

Bailies will be doing their Black Friday coffee sub soon... I hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭JohnnyMustang22

Depends on your current skill level. I did the 3fe home barista one and found it good. You can ask questions specific to your setup and level of experience and during the practical part you get instruction on what you are doing wrong. You tube videos don't give the same feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement