Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa fees

Options
  • 30-09-2019 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

Just at the title says I'm wondering did anyone ever manage to get their visa fees included in the relocation package?

I'm at the very start of the process to make the move.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Edited the thread title for you - it originally said "Visa fess", which led me to believe you were planning on confessing to over-staying, or some such crime. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Oh god thank you, I was at work doing it and didn't notice...

So no one has any info about visas and the fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,103 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Well, your question is a bit unclear. What "relocation package" are you speaking of? Who is offering you this package? And what visa will you be seeking to obtain?

Hi,

I will be looking for the 4year working visa. I have a contract with a relocation package ready to sign, but someone said that they might pay that visa fees If you ask.

I just wanted to know has anyone ever had success in getting their visa fees included when they moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

galwayllm wrote: »
    Hi,

I will be looking for the 4year working visa. I have a contract with a relocation package ready to sign, but someone said that they might pay that visa fees If you ask.

I just wanted to know has anyone ever had success in getting their visa fees included when they moved.

Yes, if you are of value then it’s not unusual for employers to pay everything including visa. The employer has to pay for Registration and nomination and I think the TSS visa itself is about $2600 so not that much.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

galwayllm wrote: »
    Hi,

Have a really good think if you really want to be on the visa and if it's your only option. In my opinion it is the worst visa to be on in Australia especially if something goes wrong with your employer.
    Paying your own visa fees and relocation can sometimes work out better if you can get an independent visa as it gives you more flexibility as to who you can work for.
    Can I ask what your occupation is?

Advertisement