Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy Cinnamon

Options
  • 29-09-2019 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Okay people of boards!

Where can you buy Cinnamon, or order it online (where it will actually deliver to Ireland)? Not that cassia stuff

9-things-you-need-to-know-about-your-cinnamon-1.png

Cassia is super easy to pick up, barely an inconvenience, but the real deal (and actually healthy), Ceylon, I can find nowhere.

Hollands & Barretts stocked it once, but I can only find only Cassia there now. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Okay people of boards!

Where can you buy Cinnamon, or order it online (where it will actually deliver to Ireland)? Not that cassia stuff

Cassia is super easy to pick up, barely an inconvenience, but the real deal (and actually healthy), Ceylon, I can find nowhere.

Hollands & Barretts stocked it once, but I can only find only Cassia there now. :(

If you don't mind the price, Amazon have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I can find both sorts in my local Asian shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Thank you. I so often find that for foodstuff with Amazon that they won't deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Lidl have Ceylon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The Hopsack in Rathmines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Bumping an old one here as I'm trying to source a quality ground cinnamon. Have previously bought the Kirkland Ground Saigon cinnamon via Amazon and was impressed but only 3rd party sellers there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

donnacha wrote: »
    Bumping an old one here as I'm trying to source a quality ground cinnamon. Have previously bought the Kirkland Ground Saigon cinnamon via Amazon and was impressed but only 3rd party sellers there now.

Cinnamon stick will always be way better than ground. Spices (like coffee) begin to degrade pretty quickly as soon as they are ground.

I know that's not what you asked, but.

Advertisement