Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen bike wheels

Options
  • 29-09-2019 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Not sure if i will get any help but usually good to post on here.

My 12 year old godson had his wheels stolen from outside Nando's yesterday. Bike was locked but they took wheels and brake discs. They done another 3 bikes too.
    They were seen crossing by the leisureplex at 8.30am by a friend of mine and they where carrying wheels. Only young fellas. I am raging these little scrotes get away with this.
    He uses the bike to go to school so its going to cost my Sister money she might not have to fix.

I have attached a picture. He was absolutely devastated. Picture won't upload.

https://ibb.co/NxnX2mC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Brazen doing it in the centre. But that's scumbags for you. Nothing you can do.
    Sure you could go to the guards. They might get some CCTV. But unless they're known to them nothing will come from it.

Would have thought locking up a bike around there would have been somewhat safe. But here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Brazen doing it in the centre. But that's scumbags for you. Nothing you can do.
    Sure you could go to the guards. They might get some CCTV. But unless they're known to them nothing will come from it.

Would have thought locking up a bike around there would have been somewhat safe. But here we are.

Sorry it was 8.30pm. Yes of course you'd expect people to notice. But it's like no one cares anymore. Guards don't seem interested and apparently no cctv of where it happened. I would have been fairly bright and busy at that time too.

I'm thinking too lazy because its only a set of wheels, but it's still a crime ffs.

I gave him my bike and an extra lock and told him to lock both wheels to the frame.Now i have no bike but can manage without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Guards don't seem interested and apparently no cctv of where it happened.

I'm thinking too lazy because its only a set of wheels, but it's still a crime ffs.
    Are they refusing to take a report? Insist that they do and complain if they don't.

I can see a CCTV camera outside Starbucks, covering the pedestrian crossing.

https://goo.gl/maps/aktbTmJ4syti7Z2u6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Not sure if i will get any help but usually good to post on here.

My 12 year old godson had his wheels stolen from outside Nando's yesterday. Bike was locked but they took wheels and brake discs. They done another 3 bikes too.
    They were seen crossing by the leisureplex at 8.30am by a friend of mine and they where carrying wheels. Only young fellas. I am raging these little scrotes get away with this.
    He uses the bike to go to school so its going to cost my Sister money she might not have to fix.

I have attached a picture. He was absolutely devastated. Picture won't upload.

https://ibb.co/NxnX2mC

I'm a little curious about your mate. Did he not tell you straight away or follow the c*nts? or was it all after the bike for stripped and your Godson noticed.

Either way, this is a terrible thing to happen. I don't know why people don't have the common sense to stop them when you see people taking apart a locked up bike. or atleadt alert someone like centre security.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I'm a little curious about your mate. Did he not tell you straight away or follow the c*nts? or was it all after the bike for stripped and your Godson noticed.

Either way, this is a terrible thing to happen. I don't know why people don't have the common sense to stop them when you see people taking apart a locked up bike. or atleadt alert someone like centre security.

He was just driving past at the time. He didn't witness the event. Could easily have been someone coming from halfords e.t.c after a wheel repair.

He only knew when he seen my Sister's post on FB.

• Advertisement
Advertisement