Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

First time Luas user

  • 28-09-2019 9:26pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ aine kilbride
    Registered User


    I want to travel from Heuston to Connnolly station by Luas. I have not used it before. But there are two terminals Connolly and The Point from what i see on the map. I want the Connolly Luas. How do you know which Luas is going to which place? How long would I have to wait for it to come? Thanks


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 29,295 ✭✭✭✭ Mint Sauce
    Registered User


    Take the first that turns up, and get off at Bus Aras. Connolly is across the road from it, you can see it from the Bus Aras stop.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭ SteM
    Registered User


    There's a sign on the front of the luas telling you the terminal it is going to. There are signs on the platform telling you how long you'll have to wait for the next tram.


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ aine kilbride
    Registered User


    Mint Sauce wrote:
    Take the first that turns up, and get off at Bus Aras. Connolly is across the road from it, you can see it from the Bus Aras stop.

    Thanks but i will have a suitcase to carry so Connolly id a must.
    SteM wrote:
    There's a sign on the front of the luas telling you the terminal it is going to. There are signs on the platform telling you how long you'll have to wait for the next tram.

    Thank you. Is every second Luas for a different terminal?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭ SteM
    Registered User




    Thank you. Is every second Luas for a different terminal?

    No, it's not every second luas as far as know. There might be 2 in a row going to the point for instance.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,295 ✭✭✭✭ Mint Sauce
    Registered User


    Thanks but i will have a suitcase to carry so Connolly id a must.



    Thank you. Is every second Luas for a different terminal?

    Are you traveling by Train/Dart from Connolly? The platforms from there are almost the same distance from the Connolly Luas Stop, as it is from the Bus Aras Luas to the Connolly Luas. Longer even depending on which one you are using.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭ Louche Lad
    Registered User


    A tip: note that the doors at Busáras open on the right hand side (unlike most stops), so try to position yourself and your suitcase on the right hand side to get out more easily.


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ aine kilbride
    Registered User


    Mint Sauce wrote:
    Are you traveling by Train/Dart from Connolly? The platforms from there are almost the same distance from the Connolly Luas Stop, as it is from the Bus Aras Luas to the Connolly Luas. Longer even depending on which one you are using.

    Thsnks but it's a very busy road around there.
    Louche Lad wrote:
    A tip: note that the doors at Busáras open on the right hand side (unlike most stops), so try to position yourself and your suitcase on the right hand side to get out more easily.

    Good. I like to know those little things. They make a difference. Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭ Mr.Crinklewood
    Registered User


    Do you have Leap card, or will you buying ticket on the day?

    Leap Card - Tag on...then Tag off at one of the purple machines with the silver pole.

    Ticket- Buy on day from machine endure you obowvthe zone you are going to .


Advertisement