Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parental Leave Total Number of Hours

Options
  • 26-09-2019 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know how much parental leave is in hours as opposed weeks? I will be taking a few hours a week and am trying to calculate how long it will last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LazerShark

Calculations would presumably be made based on eight-hour working day or seven-hour minus lunch hour. So if you take four hours a week, it would be half a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lems

Thanks for the reply. :)

What I mean is I want to calculate how many weeks I can take a half day, as in how long it will last in months/years etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

if it’s a half day (assuming a standard working day) it would just be double the amount of full days you’d be entitled to. So 22 by 5 by 2? Will be 26 instead of 22 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LazerShark

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    if it’s a half day (assuming a standard working day) it would just be double the amount of full days you’d be entitled to. So 22 by 5 by 2? Will be 26 instead of 22 next year.

Yes, provided your employer can agree this with you, you are looking at 220 half days once a week as of today. So based on a 48-week year (4 weeks holidays) you are looking at four and a half years. Unless the child hits 12.

Advertisement