Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 or 10.5....?

Options
  • 25-09-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Looking for advice, please. I'm going to buy one of the above but can't decide which one....

The 10.1 screen model is 2019, operates on Android 9.0 and has 2 GB of RAM.

The 10.5 screen model is 2018, operates on Android 8.1 and has 3 GB of RAM.

I currently have an original iPad Mini but want to move to Samsung, as I did with my phone. My normal use is general surfing, news apps, a few YouTube videos and a bit of Sky Sports as well.

The 10.1 model is €219 and the 10.5 model is €289.

I viewed them together today and am leaning towards the 10.5 one.

All advice welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I'd be going for the newer model - Your usage won't tax it....

Is the aspect ratio the same on each? Some are more square than rectangular...check this its important as to your own preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Southern Comfort

Thanks for the advice, Mango Joe.

I actually prefer the aspect ratio of the 10.5 model.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Can you wait until Black Friday, as it's quite likely that the prices might drop a bit?

byte wrote: »
    Can you wait until Black Friday, as it's quite likely that the prices might drop a bit?

Yeah, I've just been reading reviews and someone bought on on Black Friday last year and saved a few bob.

Do you know when Black Friday is this year?

Just Googled it. Friday, November 29th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement