Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are 'Back to School' expenses.

Options
  • 25-09-2019 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

As part of a separation settlement (in Ireland) I have agreed to pay half of all Back to School expenses. It doesn't specify what are back to school expenses in the court order.

What does 'back to school' cover ?

- Uniform
    - School Books and stationery
    - School insurance
    - school arts and crafts fees

What about expenses such as :-

- guitar lessons (not in school)
    - subs to soccer/rugby/GAA clubs (not school) ?
    - swimming club (not school)
    - clothing as well for the obove clubs.

I am paying most of my disposable income on maintenance so I'm not shirking my responsibilities by any means but dont want to be taken for a ride either - which I think my ex is trying.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Another day

School means school. The other items are optional and therefore do not apply. However, depending on whether those are all for one child or 4 children, you need to think about what is best for your child. A straight no will get your exes back up, your children will blame you if they have to give them up. 1 activity per child is not unreasonable, it is good for them so make an informed decision.

Advertisement