Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler question, Intergas or Ideal

Options
  • 25-09-2019 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there, need to replace floor standing boiler, open system, non combi, 15kw. Any preferences or recommendations on these 2 boilers. 2 different plumbers recommending what they install, naturally. Both seem decent but Intergas seems to slightly edge it in reviews. I think 5 year guarantee on both.

Any other advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jim_bop wrote: »
    Hi there, need to replace floor standing boiler, open system, non combi, 15kw. Any preferences or recommendations on these 2 boilers. 2 different plumbers recommending what they install, naturally. Both seem decent but Intergas seems to slightly edge it in reviews. I think 5 year guarantee on both.

Any other advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    J

Intergas 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jim_bop

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Intergas 100%

Thanks for that, is it just that there's less moving parts, less to go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Andyinter

I know both units very well & the Ideal is a very good unit, but the Intergas is better. Not even taking into account the fewer parts, the heatexchanger is far superior. Thats the heart of the boiler.

Either way you will have a good boiler

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jim_bop

Andyinter wrote: »
    I know both units very well & the Ideal is a very good unit, but the Intergas is better. Not even taking into account the fewer parts, the heatexchanger is far superior. Thats the heart of the boiler.

Either way you will have a good boiler

Excellent, thanks for taking the time to respond, very helpful!

Regards,
    J

Advertisement