Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fully Online Masters in Software Engineering & Database Technologies

Options
  • 22-09-2019 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Wondering if there is anybody out there who has completed this fully online masters and can answer some questions/concerns for me.

I currently live in Abu Dhabi but I am preparing to move home in a couple of years and would like to upskill. I am currently teaching at secondary school level so my degree in software development is a distance memory.

My main concern is how the time difference will affect me - do I need to log into live lectures or is all of the content designed to be viewed at your convenience.

Thanks in advance

Comments

Hi, I'm in year 2 atm. There are no live lectures, it's all complete on your own time - 2/3 powerpoint presentations to look at plus read x chapters from y book and an assignment each week. One thing though is you have to participate in weekly discussions (3 posts minimum on two threads) and you are expected to make the first reply by Tuesday but that shouldn't be a problem for you I recon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sumosaurus

Hi, I'm in year 2 atm. There are no live lectures, it's all complete on your own time - 2/3 powerpoint presentations to look at plus read x chapters from y book and an assignment each week. One thing though is you have to participate in weekly discussions (3 posts minimum on two threads) and you are expected to make the first reply by Tuesday but that shouldn't be a problem for you I recon.

Really appreciate the reply. Thank you.

Is 20 hours a week about right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Do you recommend it as a course? Database technologies seems a little outdated.

Advertisement