Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Purchased in UK 3 years ago and now want to register in Ireland

Options
  • 22-09-2019 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

I bought a tractor in the north about 3 years ago and never registered it as its not on the road a lot. I did however insure it through the UK plates this summer.

I now want to sell it. I have an invoice from the NI garage. I don't have a V5 logbook for the tractor or a shipping form.
    How do I register it now? Or if someone buys it from me how would they register it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

you can't register it without the V5C. You'll have to figure out some way of getting one, there are posts here and in Motors about this with suggestions.

Be aware that The Insurance Company probably will have informed Revenue after a month or so that you have it in the Country and on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Tomjim wrote: »
    I bought a tractor in the north about 3 years ago and never registered it as its not on the road a lot. I did however insure it through the UK plates this summer.

I now want to sell it. I have an invoice from the NI garage. I don't have a V5 logbook for the tractor or a shipping form.
    How do I register it now? Or if someone buys it from me how would they register it?

They way I would do it is by using someone’s address you know in Northern Ireland/ U.K. use the v62 form and apply for a new v5. Might cost £25, you’ll have a v5 in 4-6 weeks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Isambard wrote: »
    Be aware that The Insurance Company probably will have informed Revenue after a month or so that you have it in the Country and on the road.

Probably? Definitely more like. There is a legal obligation for the insurer to inform the Revenue. This has been the position since 1st Jan 2010, although it was a bit later in that year that Revenue was receiving monthly updates.

Section 142 of the Finance Act 1992 as amended by the Finance Act 2010

Indo Article - 10 Aug 2010

However, that doesn't mean that they go chasing everyone reported to them. They prioritise the big fish (at a guess).

Advertisement