Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important Questions

Options
  • 21-09-2019 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi, Fakhar here.
    Have a few questions below as I need help in choosing the right path to avoid wastage as much as possible. Much obliged

Should I consider the PLC if I don’t know what course I wish to do?

Secondly, let’s say I do the course of my choice and in the future I turn towards third level and I have a PLC diploma in business for example or sports management, could I with those unlinked courses choose a course like engineering or computer science or medicine at third level?
    In brief, must the courses you do at PLC be linked with the ones you wish to do at third level?

Lastly, is it worth repeating the leaving cert all over again one last time for more freedom to choose the course if one wishes to resume his/ her education in college at third level in the future?

Hard work is required on both sides, so I don’t have any ‘easy’ concise way to avoid that. And, I understand that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lisa2017

Just came across your post, did you get sorted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fakharon

Lisa2017 wrote: »
    Just came across your post, did you get sorted?

Yeah, I’ve got it sorted. Took a long time but worth it.

Thanks for asking, Lisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lisa2017

fakharon wrote: »
    Yeah, I’ve got it sorted. Took a long time but worth it.

Thanks for asking, Lisa.

That’s great. As a teacher in Further Education for 19 years, I came across your question fairly often (with applicants) so I was happy to share my thoughts with you, but you are sorted now. So, best of luck with whatever you decided to do :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't take a PLC place just to do something. You may be depriving someone who actually wanted that course of a place.

Lisa2017 wrote: »
    That’s great. As a teacher in Further Education for 19 years, I came across your question fairly often (with applicants) so I was happy to share my thoughts with you, but you are sorted now. So, best of luck with whatever you decided to do :-)

Likewise. Much obliged!

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Please don't take a PLC place just to do something. You may be depriving someone who actually wanted that course of a place.

True

Advertisement