Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Boiler replacement with viessmann or worcester

Options
  • 19-09-2019 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

We are in thinking of replacing an existing firebird Environmax popular 26 KW with a gas boiler .

Can some experts in the forum give me an idea in whats a better boiler of the two system boiler viessmann / worcester s ?

We have 11 rad's and are looking for the same performance as we are having with the firebird or better when switching to gas .

I also see that the viessmann in more expensive than the others and I wonder is it is because of the additional warranty or is that its just a better build than the two .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,743 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

RaulDublin wrote: »
    We are in thinking of replacing an existing firebird Environmax popular 26 KW with a gas boiler .

Can some experts in the forum give me an idea in whats a better boiler of the two system boiler viessmann / worcester s ?

We have 11 rad's and are looking for the same performance as we are having with the firebird or better when switching to gas .

I also see that the viessmann in more expensive than the others and I wonder is it is because of the additional warranty or is that its just a better build than the two .

Between the 2, I’d pick Worcester Bosch. A pig to work on but a good boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I think Worcester are very good. I fit them alot. Never give bother

• Registered Users Posts: 12,743 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I think Worcester are very good. I fit them alot. Never give bother

....until you have to change the prv

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    ....until you have to change the prv

Naw close the valves. Undo the nuts and pull the bottom of the boiler forward abit.

If your there a hour you were probably chatting with the tea

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Viessmann all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Viessmann is not that popular in this country, although is very good option,my sister has one, bought it 15 years ago, never had any issues with it.
    On the other hand I have Worcester 24I, only three years old, yesterday died :(, no response at all. If was a coffee machine i would have repaired it, but I do not have knowledge of boilers.

emy wrote: »
    Viessmann is not that popular in this country, although is very good option,my sister has one, bought it 15 years ago, never had any issues with it.
    On the other hand I have Worcester 24I, only three years old, yesterday died :(, no response at all. If was a coffee machine i would have repaired it, but I do not have knowledge of boilers.

If its 3 years old it's under warranty.

Advertisement