Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November Weekend Ski Trip

Options
  • 18-09-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi All. Looking at doing a long weekend - Thurs to Mon - towards the end of November. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

I'm not sure how many places will be open that time, but I think Solden in austria has the first downhill competition of the season in late october. Its about 3 hours from munich which has a ton of flights a day from dublin. A few different glaciers there, I think one may have opened last week with fresh snow. Obergurgl is near it and quite classy and also has a long season.

Hintertux which is 2 and a half hours in a different direction also ex munich will also be open, its open year round. Decent skiing but strictly for the hardcore fans, very little in the town

Otherwise cervinia, about 3 hours ex the 3 milan airports, / zermatt and the higher french resorts, 3 valleys and tignes val d'irere should be spinning their lifts. About 3 hours from geneva which isn't quite as well served from dublin

Given you will have no problems getting accommodation that time of year, and flight prices aren't likely to vary hugely I'd just sit and wait to see where best snow is closer to time

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭crosbie

Thanks a148pro - all very useful information. I think I'll book the time off and pull the trigger really close to the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Probably it'll be the same list as above! But you never know, some years there's good snow in november and then nothing till january and everyone booked over christmas is in a fret

Check out wepowder.com closer to the time and also skiclub.co.uk will have snow reports from in resort, bergfex too will have snow depths

I've never managed to go before Christmas but tempted by the idea, very cheeky!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭crosbie

@a148pro off to Norway on the family ski trip for new years so wanted to squeeze in the lads trip first! Otherwise the kids would prob ski better than me!!

Advertisement