Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Limited Run Retro re-releases

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ BGOllie

you said it : Neither are original

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 13,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭ sugarman

Zero difference IMO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 47,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Retr0gamer

The LRG release at least some money is going back to IREM.... or whoever owns IREM's IPs as I think they are dead and gone at this stage. So you can be happy you are funding their next venture into Pachinko machines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 33,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭ CiDeRmAn

I don't feel so bad about having it on an AliExpress repro!
    At least it's Famicom cart shaped!

Great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,707 ✭✭✭✭ o1s1n

I don't think I've ever played that actually. Will have a look on the oul Famicom Everdrive this evening when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 47,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever played that actually. Will have a look on the oul Famicom Everdrive this evening when I get home.

It's a real gem of a game. The parallax scrolling was mind blowing at the time, they faked it with animated background tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭ Inviere

sugarman wrote: »
    Zero difference IMO

Agreed, barring the nice fancy packing etc, it's fundamentally the same as a DIY repro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ accensi0n

First thing I thought was, 'surely you can get an original cart on ebay for less than 40'.

Nope!

I got it for 40. Then retronauts covered it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ Shapey Fiend

I'd hate to be one of those people going for complete collections of consoles in 2019. Loads of stuff sells out before it's even released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,707 ✭✭✭✭ o1s1n

I kind of want to buy this now...however I preordered the Celeste physical edition for the Switch back in February from these dudes as well as Ultracorps a couple of months ago and am still waiting for both...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭ phily2002

They are releasing the first 3 monkey island games at some stage, even though it's a rip off I'll still pick them up!

Advertisement