Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young driver camper insurance

Options
  • 15-09-2019 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,
    I've been hoping to get a camper/surf van in the next year once I get my licence. Know that I insurers don't like putting under 25s on +2.0 vehicles, but id like something bigger than a tiny fwd van, and 4x4 would be ideal, something like an old Discovery with a roof tent. Is this possible? I'm 19, probably 20 before this could happen. Would I be able to be insured on a larger commercial? Or do I have to move back to America 😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d say price flights alright.

Just make sure you're sitting down with an ambulance on the way when you hear/read the quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GMessam405

Just make sure you're sitting down with an ambulance on the way when you hear/read the quote.

Crap. Man this country doesn't make driving easy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I don't think any of the campervan schemes insure under 25s so your only option would be to get a van / 4*4 and insure it as such with a basic conversion or a roof tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Over 25 for camper insurance only I’m afraid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement