Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coffee machine

Options
  • 15-09-2019 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I love my coffee, I actually drink it black so its not too many calories. Wouldnt mind investing in a very good coffee machine. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I love my coffee, I actually drink it black so its not too many calories. Wouldnt mind investing in a very good coffee machine. Any recommendations?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AeroPress-82R08-Coffee-Maker-Tote/dp/B0018RY8H0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=aeropress&qid=1568529579&sprefix=aerop&sr=8-3

Plus

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hario-Mill-Mini-Slim-Plus/dp/B01GPMH590/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=hario+grinder&qid=1568529633&sprefix=hario+gri&sr=8-3

Plus

Good quality beans from the likes of 3fe, bailies or whomever you choose.

Follow this and you will get fantastic coffee for a lot less than you’ll spend on a cheap machine and even cheaper blade grinder.

Or spend a **** tonne of cash on a savage home set up like this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silvia-Rocky-DOSER-Coffee-grinder/dp/B001A5KNLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?keywords=rancillio&qid=1568530126&sr=8-8

Or

Buy one of these automatic machines that people on here drool over whilst putting cheap tesco beans into. Cause it cheap hey.
    Probably doing this machine a disservice here as I’m sure it’s grand with good beans but on here gets a lot of discussion as it’s the cheapest automatic machine on the market but unfortunately tends to get coupled with poor coffee and no matter how good your machine is without quality coffee it’ll give you a poor cup of coffee.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Magnifica-ESAM-4200-S-Silver/dp/B001EOMZ5E/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?keywords=delonghi+automatic&qid=1568530323&sr=8-9

The key overall is a grind quality beans fresh with a burr grinder and use filter process like aeropress or a decent machine, not a €100 “espresso” machine from Argos.

Mods this really should be sticky’d.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ok.. I have a few Machines. All come with little quirks that can drive you mad at times.

Miele built ins... great machines, they require a LOT of maintenance and cleaning. They produce a good cup of coffee if treated correctly. BUT, if you use it a lot when you have people staying, they can be a royal pain.

Jura Giga 5. Fantastic machine. Has performed flawlessly for 6 years ad still does. A real work horse for me at home. It does require descaling and cleaning regularly but that takes an hour and a half. Once a month normally does this (depending on use). The Grinder HAS to be adjusted now and then to maintain consistency of flavor.

Philips Saeco not the greatest of machines and can be expensive. Quality has been an issue with the two I purchased. They have not been overly used, but lasted only a year. Then the issues started. Quite a pain to maintain and consistency was terrible.

DeLonghi tried two of these machines also. Again similar to Philips, they were great in the beginning and then the issues started

Currently in the office, I just purchased a Jura E8 refurbished. It has had a lot of work in 8 months and is still working perfectly and the coffee is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

I use a Delonghi I’ve had for about three years daily. And then when I have more time use a v60 at the weekends. Both have distinct flavors, but both very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Buy one of these automatic machines that people on here drool over whilst putting cheap tesco beans into.

:D

Advertisement