Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband using Eir modem

Options
  • 14-09-2019 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi all, searched but couldn’t see an answer to this.

My Vodafone modem is faulty and while I am waiting for them to send out a replacement I was hoping to use an Eir modem I have borrowed but when I plug it in there is no dsl.

Any idea if I can get this to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

It should work.

Don't have vodafone broadband at the moment but when I did with a different router, I went into the settings of the router. The login is vodafone@vodafone.ie and password was broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Any compatible router will sync without any settings. No DSL means one of two things:

A) You've got VDSL and the router you borrowed is ADSL

B) Your VF unit isnt actually broken, your line is down, but they always blame routers first to avoid truckr rolls

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Can’t get this going, had an engineer out yesterday said the line is fine it’s the box (thought the box is faulty myself TBH).

DSL light not coming on at all. Changed the settings as suggested in the first reply.

Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

I assume the engineer tested the line/socket ok, then he should have informed the issue is the modem. Did you try a replacement modem/router?

westyIrl wrote: »
    I assume the engineer tested the line/socket ok, then he should have informed the issue is the modem. Did you try a replacement modem/router?

Yes, the whole thread is based upon me trying out a different router whilst waiting for the replacement to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Yes, the whole thread is based upon me trying out a different router whilst waiting for the replacement to arrive

In that case let us know if you are on ADSL or VDSL and the model of the router you are trying to connect? Also are you using the same RJ11 cable (router to socket) with both routers, try another? Was the Eir router working previosuly?

Take a look at https://cksolutions.ie/ppoe-settings-eircom-vodafone/ for settings

Silly questions you may think, but it's an elimination process.

In that case let us know if you are on ADSL or VDSL and the model of the router you are trying to connect? Also are you using the same RJ11 cable (router to socket) with both routers, try another? Was the Eir router working previosuly?

Take a look at https://cksolutions.ie/ppoe-settings-eircom-vodafone/ for settings

Thanks Westy, i will check this evening

Got the new modem from Vodafone today so no panic over this now but I want to try to get the Eir modem set up in case of more issues down the line.

Changed the settings as outlined in the link, brand new dsl cable attached (works fine with the Vodafone modem) but still no joy. The power light and the WiFi light on but dsl and internet lights are off.
    The modem I’m trying to setup is an Eir D1000.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

The D1000 is an ADSL modem/router. If you're trying to use it on a VDSL line it is not going to work.

The D1000 is an ADSL modem/router. If you're trying to use it on a VDSL line it is not going to work.

Aah that makes sense, thanks everyone for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I am currently using my old Eir F2000 modem with Vodafone settings as my Vodafone modem was acting up, my connected landline wont work though, are there any settings to change to get it to work or is it not possible to have the landline working on a non Vodafone modem?
    I have tried connecting my landline to phone 1 and phone 2 but neither give a dial tone.
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement