Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends Fights 13/9 (Fury-Wallin, Devin Haney, Munguia, BT Card)

• 13-09-2019 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

Actually some pretty good fights on this weekend.

Pedraza v Zepeda, Hunter v Kuzmin, Ryan Garcia v Avery Sparrow, Haney v Abdullaev, Serrano v Hardy probably the standouts for me and will obviously watch both Fury and Munguia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fury 254.
    Lighter than his last fights but actually looks flabbier.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

25 euro to watch Fury beat up a fooking nobody, and at crazy o’clock in the morning....

Think I’ll pass..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Yeleussinov looking like he's starting to put it together. Good first round KO.

Do think Serrano would beat Katie Taylor unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Serrano dominated Hardy, who is quite poor...

I think Taylor be a little too sharp and cute for Serrano..

Haney is a real talent. Dominant display vs Abdualaev...

Loma-Haney be an excellent style match, but we won’t get it any time soon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Very interesting there seems to be a bit of panic from Furys corner too.

Fury pulling away now. Good fight to be fair. Fury proving his toughness more than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

What a fight. Fair play to wallin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

Few points from Fury v Wallin:

Wallin showed grit and heart to stay in there even winning the 12th round.

Fury didn't have it all his own way from the start, with the fight becoming very difficult from the time he was cut. I thought Tyson looked a little flat in the first half of the fight, but after the doctor looked at his cut he seemed to fight with more urgency and really stepped up his work rate. Big credit for digging in and getting the win.

Tyson landed some huge body shots and sent Wallin into the ropes with a few crushing shots to the head. There were one or two times I thought we were one punch away from a Fury KO.

All in all it was a war of a fight and the cut really added to the drama. I had Fury wide on points and Wallin really should have had a point deducted when he tried to gouge Fury's eye when the ref broke them up.

John Fury was fiercely critical of the performance, and Ben Davison after the fight and called for his son to sack his coaching staff.

Fury has a habbit of fighting to his opponent's level and I think this happened again last night, he would need a better showing v Wilder/Ruiz/AJ. Perhaps this is too critical considering the cut set the tone of the fight from round 3 onwards.

Fury will need a long time for that eye to heal and it will almost certainly become a problem again in a future fight. His cutman did an excellent job keeping him in the fight.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

weemcd wrote: »
    Few points from Fury v Wallin:

Wallin showed grit and heart to stay in there even winning the 12th round.

Fury didn't have it all his own way from the start, with the fight becoming very difficult from the time he was cut. I thought Tyson looked a little flat in the first half of the fight, but after the doctor looked at his cut he seemed to fight with more urgency and really stepped up his work rate. Big credit for digging in and getting the win.

Tyson landed some huge body shots and sent Wallin into the ropes with a few crushing shots to the head. There were one or two times I thought we were one punch away from a Fury KO.

All in all it was a war of a fight and the cut really added to the drama. I had Fury wide on points and Wallin really should have had a point deducted when he tried to gouge Fury's eye when the ref broke them up.

John Fury was fiercely critical of the performance, and Ben Davison after the fight and called for his son to sack his coaching staff.

Fury has a habbit of fighting to his opponent's level and I think this happened again last night, he would need a better showing v Wilder/Ruiz/AJ. Perhaps this is too critical considering the cut set the tone of the fight from round 3 onwards.

Fury will need a long time for that eye to heal and it will almost certainly become a problem again in a future fight. His cutman did an excellent job keeping him in the fight.

Thoughts?

Agree with the above. Fury was feeling him out early on but wallin was definitely causing a few problems. Have to hand it to tyson for managing the cut. It was nasty. Wallin had the heart of a lion. To come back in the 12th after getting battered in the previous rounds was brilliant. Would be interested in seeing who he fights next.
    Didnt see the comments from fury senior...is there an interview out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

Agree with the above. Fury was feeling him out early on but wallin was definitely causing a few problems. Have to hand it to tyson for managing the cut. It was nasty. Wallin had the heart of a lion. To come back in the 12th after getting battered in the previous rounds was brilliant. Would be interested in seeing who he fights next.
    Didnt see the comments from fury senior...is there an interview out there?

https://twitter.com/RioH95/status/1173111435842457600?s=19

^ Big John doesn't hold back here.

Tyson calls the shots in his camp and he said he's been drinking beer throughout. With his history that's an absolute no no. Tyson needs discipline because when he goes off the rails there's no telling where he ends up. I think he took this one a little too light and had to dig deep to get the win. I'd say his father is well aware of this.

Advertisement