Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecce deduction

Options
  • 11-09-2019 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi does.anyone know how the ecce hourly rate is calculated, is it based on the crèches fee per hour? Or a government rate?

Just wondering as I have received my fees for current year and wondering how they calculated the ecce deduction for 15 hours a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hi does.anyone know how the ecce hourly rate is calculated, is it based on the crèches fee per hour? Or a government rate?

Just wondering as I have received my fees for current year and wondering how they calculated the ecce deduction for 15 hours a week.

They get a set figure from the state and deduct that from your price. Think it’s based on a weekly figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

is your child in the creche 5 days a week? if not they they will do the deduction on the days they are in. The weekly amount is €64.50 or €12.90 per day. If your 5 days a week they,ll reduce €64.50 per week or about €260 per month (cant remember exact figure now) but if you were doing 3 days for example they only have to reduce your fees by €38.70 per week or about €150 per month. The full amount of ecce doesnt get passed on if you are doing less then 5 days basically

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

salmocab wrote: »
    They get a set figure from the state and deduct that from your price. Think it’s based on a weekly figure.

So is it means tested from now on or how do they arrive at the figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

It’s not means tested. It’s the same for every child

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Means tested? Not sure if you are thinking of something else, ecce is a set fee the government will pay for every child in the age bracket to crèches and childcare places enrolled on the scheme. It’s for preschool education not child minding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

The CCSP scheme for younger children is means tested in a way but its more to do with medical cards and social welfare rather then taxes and income.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

lets say the creche run the ECCE schem from 9 to 12 every day. but you leave your child off at 8.00am and collect them at 2.00pm. then you should only be charged for 3 hours at what ever their hourly rate is.
    so forget about how much the ECCE contribution is from the state and work off what the creche charge.

Advertisement