Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3700x, what board?

Options
  • 11-09-2019 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi All,

Looking for advise, pretty set on upgrading to a 3700x from a 1700,

considering 2 different directions,

1. high-ish end x470 like a Asus hero 7 or a Gigabite gaming 7

or

2. x570 around the €250 budget

I don't see myself utilizing pci gen 4.0 within the next 2 years at least,

curious on your thoughts,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I have a 3700X and opted for the X570 setup.

In light of some of the issues that were reported with the X470 & B450 motherboards and that I didn't want to have to mess around with updating the BIOS on an older board, I figured X570 was the better option.

Cost I think is the main reason to not go with the X570 setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eddieb88

which x570?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Any X570 under €250 not made by MSI - their latest budget option is piss-poor apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just got this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TPPJ5JZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nicely spec'ed board for under 250 and is in the vid above so you can see its does well in his benchmarks

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

eddieb88 wrote: »
    which x570?
    This one. Some early issues, but the last 2 BIOS updates from Gigabyte have fixed all the early problems I had.
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf

Probably outside your budget though, and there's not much point going ITX unless you've an ITX case already, or you fancy building a small system.

The Asus Prime X570 is probably a better one to look at if you decide on the X570 route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 eddieb88

thanks guys, some good suggestions, will likely go x570 asus prime pro or even a strix

Advertisement