Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drove over my phone

Options
  • 11-09-2019 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭

... long story.

My phone recently it stopped charging... Trying to send it for repair. eGlobal are delaying and won't even allow me send it to them... being very difficult. Asking for condition photos, a few days after recieving they are asking for detailed videos etc... just pushing me out as much as possible...

I use the dual sim... so to replace, I have borrowed two phones. I've never broken a phone in my life, but today I just drove over one I borrowed & last week broke the screen on the other. I feel very guilty, genuinely and also need to have a phone to use for work and personal...

Need... dual sim, Android One, large battery, fast/no lag. What do you suggest? Should I just get a Nokia 8.1? What is the dual SIM in the Pixel 3A? Does it allow two physical SIMs? What is an eSIM. Is the Nokia 7.2 meant to be any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Bluefoam wrote: »
    ... long story.

Have a Nokia 8.1. Hate it, feels cheap & the screen is made of butter. Recently it stopped charging... Sent it for repair. Nokia don't have an international warranty so won't fix it. eGlobal are delaying and won't even allow me send it to them... being very difficult. Asking for condition photos, a few days after recieving they are asking for detailed videos etc... just pushing me out as much as possible...

The 8.1 is dual sim... so to replace, I have borrowed two phones. I've never broken a phone in my life, but today I just drove over one I borrowed & last week broke the screen on the other. I feel very guilty, genuinely and also need to have a phone to use for work and personal...

Need... dual sim, Android One, large battery, fast/no lag. What do you suggest? Should I just get another 8.1? What is the dual SIM in the Pixel 3A? Does it allow two physical SIMs? What is an eSIM. Is the Nokia 7.2 meant to be any good?

As far as I'm aware you can't get an eSim in Ireland (last time I checked anyhow).
    I would have bought the Pixel myself only for that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Buy a Xiaomi maybe?
    I'm using a Mi-8 with dual sim and from many many years of being a user of HTC and Samsung flagships it really is an excellent piece of kit!
    Excellent value and quality and while it doesn't meet your android one requirement, on of the other Xiaomi's in their Mi-A line will I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »

pretty low-spec effort tbh

with the security update new delivery mechanisms android one is less relevant imo

Xiaomi Mi 9T is currently the best price/value ratio phone - less than 300 for a great phone.

MIUI is actually recognised as being pretty good these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭banie01

glasso wrote: »

I actually forgot to add that to my post.
    I use the xiaomi.eu ROM, regular updates and withbl Nova as my launcher the foibles of MIUI aren't noticeable tbh.

• Advertisement

pretty low-spec effort tbh

with the security update new delivery mechanisms android one is less relevant imo

Xiaomi Mi 9T is currently the best price/value ratio phone - less than 300 for a great phone.

It's not the worst and not overly expensive which might suit the op given their predicament. Didn't realise the 9t was dual SIM but Bluefoam asked for Android one and not many have dual SIM capabilities.

It's not the worst and not overly expensive which might suit the op given their predicament. Didn't realise the 9t was dual SIM but Bluefoam asked for Android one and not many have dual SIM capabilities.

in fairness there are loads of dual sim phones nowadays.

e.g all Xiaomi phones are dual sim.

mi a3 has a 720p screen for one thing....

in fairness there are loads of dual sim phones nowadays.

e.g all Xiaomi phones are dual sim.

mi a3 has a 720p screen for one thing....

Yep that's right but not all Xiaomi are android one which was requested.

Yep that's right but not all Xiaomi are android one which was requested.

yes. and it's been explained why android one is less relevant....

yes. and it's been explained why android one is less relevant....

I missed all that info

Anyway , I hope the op gets sorted one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I was a little annoyed earlier and probably took it out on my phone, rather than eglobal....

I'm seriously considering the Nokia 7.2 seems to tick allot of boxes. I need the battery to get me through a busy day, but that should be achievable considering the 8.1 was very good.

My requirement for Android One is due to the simplicity of the interface/lack of bloatware as much as it has to do with updates... Im just not a fan of skins... Unless by HTC (but that's the old days)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Not Android one but the Samsung Galaxy A range. The A50 is particularly nice without breaking the bank. All the a range are dual SIM too.

Advertisement