Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIT tech apprentice course dublin

Options
  • 11-09-2019 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this what’s it’s like any good will I be wasting my time stuck in job atm going nowhere would like to work in tech would this be a good stepping stone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scaldy_balls

biggebruv wrote: »
    Has anyone done this what’s it’s like any good will I be wasting my time stuck in job atm going nowhere would like to work in tech would this be a good stepping stone?

Have a read through my post history, I use this account for replying to ICT AP questions, opinion hasn't changed much.

Summary, great to get you into a workplace but the education part isn't amazing. To be honest, I'd say the course would be better suited for training testers, although a lot of being a tester is how you think about things. If you want to be a dev, you'll need to do learning outside the coursework.

I was a manual tester during my apprenticeship and I'm a developer with the same company now.

People might not like the idea of being a tester, especially manual, but it's a good way to get into a development environment without having the pressure of being a developer from day one.

If you've any aptitude for it, you should be able to move to dev eventually if you want. Some people are happy to stay in test. It can be an interesting job if you approach it right.

If you've any specific questions fire ahead, although if you or anyone else wants to pm me, leave a comment as I don't log in with this account much. I'll follow it with my other account and get a notification.

Advertisement