Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 10-v-Office 365

Options
  • 10-09-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

I need to learn office 365 and office 10 fast,
    is there any kind of over lap in these besides the obvious?

For clarity, would say learning office 10 first make office 365 faster or would the reverse be true?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You mean Office 2010?

If so, just focus on Office 365. Office 2010 is End of Life next year. The main difference from my experience is that Office 365 has better onedrive integration.

Other than that, they are basically the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭Bredabe

You mean Office 2010?

If so, just focus on Office 365. Office 2010 is End of Life next year. The main difference from my experience is that Office 365 has better onedrive integration.

Other than that, they are basically the same.
    Yes, office 2010,
    is there a point in teaching myself office 2016 instead? is it less likely to be obsolete by next year?

What is this for? If you have something specific in mind it would help to know.

Practically they do change bit by bit but the principles are the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you have office 365 and want to install the applications on your device, its office 2016 you are installing. The idea behind office 365 is you wont be tied to the incremental releases. So the next time their is an office suite released, I expect office 365 subscriptions should update with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭Bredabe

What is this for? If you have something specific in mind it would help to know.

Practically they do change bit by bit but the principles are the same.
    Currently office 2010 on work computer, Ive only ever used the same few apps so need to up my game on the others.

Other computers I would be expected to use have 2016 and 365, I have limited time to look like I know what I'm doing, so I was trying to suss out if I could use one prog as a springboard to the other.

As 2010 will be obsolete shortly, I was thinking the springboard could be 2016 to 365 or the inverse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Depending on which O365 version you choose, you can have the option of install native apps (word, excel...)

On the question of comparisons, the latest Offfice version is 2019:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-s-the-difference-between-office-365-and-office-2019-ed447ebf-6060-46f9-9e90-a239bd27eb96

degsie wrote: »
    Depending on which O365 version you choose, you can have the option of install native apps (word, excel...)

On the question of comparisons, the latest Offfice version is 2019:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-s-the-difference-between-office-365-and-office-2019-ed447ebf-6060-46f9-9e90-a239bd27eb96

Office 2019 is for Mac. They've usually been on a different "year" in the name.

Advertisement