Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.E. in Senior Cycle

Options
  • 10-09-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Does anyone know if P.E. is compulsory in 6th Year ? I can’t seem to find anything concrete to suggest it is or it isn’t. And I’m pretty sure not all schools have the same time allocated. Any advice gratefully received :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ultraviolence

Does anyone know if P.E. is compulsory in 6th Year ? I can’t seem to find anything concrete to suggest it is or it isn’t. And I’m pretty sure not all schools have the same time allocated. Any advice gratefully received :)

In my school they introduced compulsory pe last year ( ugh ) but I think its only a few schools as they are trying it out. Its a waste of time anyway there used to be a study option instead of pe. we’d be better off with a double study smh.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

In my school they introduced compulsory pe last year ( ugh ) but I think its only a few schools as they are trying it out. Its a waste of time anyway there used to be a study option instead of pe. we’d be better off with a double study smh.

Yes I agree that a couple of 40 minute sessions (changing time included in that) for 16-18 yr olds is mostly a waste of time. If it was a choice then the ones keen to do it would get more out of it. How would you know if it was Compulsory at your school ? Wouldn’t it be across the board at all schools if it was compulsory

Advertisement