Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glueless Patches

Options
  • 10-09-2019 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,626 ✭✭✭

Got 2 different punctures yesterday in the wet. So frustrating. I was wondering are the above any good? Are they durable?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

billyhead wrote: »
    Got 2 different punctures yesterday in the wet. So frustrating. I was wondering are the above any good? Are they durable?

Grand, just make sure you sand the tube down as you would for a regular patch, they won't stick even if they claim they will if you don't in my experience. They appear to but it won't hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Have used them for a good few years and generally they're great but as mentioned make sure to sand/roughen the tube well before hand.

That said I'd had a few Topeak patches fail on me unexpectedly after a few months in use. Stuff like come out to the bike in the morning to a flat tyre to then find a section of the patch has lifted. That then requires a new tube as they're very difficult to remove and sand back the glue to the bare tube to reapply another.

Have used both Topeak and Parkside patches and don't remember a Parkside patch failing like that of Topeak so I've stuck to Parkside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I’ve been using Lifeline self stick patches for years. They stick very well IMO and I’m currently using a tube in my MTB that I patched roughly 2 years ago and it’s still holding air perfectly.

Advertisement