Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can help me answers, I'm at a crossroads

Options
  • 09-09-2019 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Returned home to live in Ireland with my husband who isnt Irish. We returned in 2014.

I havent been able to get suitable employment as I trained overseas and my qualification gave me license to practice in Australia but not here in Ireland. I didnt want to go back to school again but was given a lower grade diploma for my overseas education. Its unfair yes, as I was a practicing counsellor while overseas.

The point is, my husband now wishes to return to Australia and I have no desire to go. Our relationsip as been on the rocks for years and going back overseas just isnt an option for me. Im in my early sixties with some minor health issues, I dont own a home and have no family to speak of.

Im hoping someone can direct me to who can help me. I will be alone with no place of my own, no income and with no prospects of working again. Is there anyone who knows wo might help me with either a part time job and or direct me to someplace where I can get housed, I have 2 small dogs that came home with me from Australia and I cant and wont ever leave them.

At my wits end of where to turn....pls advise if you can

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Trish54321

Hi truthseeker, are you receiving any social welfare payments? If so, you may qualify for a community employment scheme. These are companies within the community aimed at helping long term unemployed people back into work while providing services to the local area. You would need to go to your social welfare office to get put forward.
    There is a lot of help there for housing etc. Start with the county council and get your name on the hap list.
    Where do you want to be in 5 years time, what do you need to do to get there? Work backwards from there.
    You posted on my post and it was most helpful, I really hope this is of some use to you. Women!!! Always great at supporting everyone but ourselves :)

Advertisement