Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the weekend jobs?

Options
  • 09-09-2019 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi, Im going back to college in a couple of weeks and pretty much spent much of August looking for a job for weekends from September. Im having no luck so far. All of the job adverts are looking for full timers, no weekend only workers. Even McDonalds are looking for full time staff only and even stated on their job advert that no students need apply. I applied to Penneys who had a Weekend role going so fingers crossed. Would I be wrong in saying that It seems that more and more companies want flexibility but only on their terms? Very disheartening either way. I'm based in Mayo and staying in digs in Dublin so cant get a job at weekends up in Dublin unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

Are you just looking for weekend work in Mayo? Obviously less people so less work. Possibly pubs or restaurants may be a good place to start.
    In Dublin I'd imagine you'd find work

Advertisement