Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County council question

Options
  • 09-09-2019 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi .

I am looking to seek employment in my local council in the next numerous of weeks as positions are coming up.

The only issue which I am nervous of is that I have done a level 8 construction management course and not sure would this cover me to get into positions in the council as assistant engineer etc?

I have 4 year experience in the construction industry having run ground works and RC frame packages in the uk as a project manager and moved to Ireland back in January where I am a senior engineer for one of Irelands biggest building firm.

If you have any information which may help please let me know. Thanks

Regards
    Jason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you a member of Engineers Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jd22

I was a member as a student but no longer am.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Let's try again: could you get full membership with the qualification you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jd22

Yes I will be able to get full membership as an Associate Engineer with my degree.

Advertisement