Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deeds in sole name

Options
  • 09-09-2019 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, My husband and I are about to divorce and have agreed terms ourselves. We have 2 houses and will take one each. He is paying mortgage on both and has agreed to continue to do this until they are paid off. As they are both mortgaged, we can't change the deeds into our respective sole names so will have to rely on wills to protect us.

Has anyone else been in this scenario? How did it work out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

bensoneb1 wrote: »
    Hi, My husband and I are about to divorce and have agreed terms ourselves. We have 2 houses and will take one each. He is paying mortgage on both and has agreed to continue to do this until they are paid off. As they are both mortgaged, we can't change the deeds into our respective sole names so will have to rely on wills to protect us.

Has anyone else been in this scenario? How did it work out?

Thanks

Hi,,,

Did you ever get a solution to this?

I am in the separtion process and my ex wants my name removed form the title deeds, and i will still pay the mortgage of which i am happy to do...

Was the only way to go to a solicitor and if so what was the costs associuated with removing a name from the tittle deeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bensoneb1

As there is a mortgage on the properties, we actually aren't able to change the deeds into our individual names. It depends on what's left on the mortgage so it's worth following up on. I got a quotation of €750 plus VAT if we were to change on one house. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

thanks you.. We are the same. Can not change deeds unless we get a new mortgage and then we have to reuplly financials again... Will wait it out :)

Advertisement