Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a España 2019 stage 16: Pravia - Alto De La Cubilla - 144.4km

Options
  • 09-09-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭

Lumpy day with 3 categorised climbs before tomorrows rest day.

etappe-16-profiel.jpg?03

Comments

Break not having an easy time getting away. 35km covered already. 15km to go to the first climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Just back from the mountain. Absolutely cracking atmosphere, got a great spot near the 4km marker. Hundreds of fans having great fun, really passionate and well behaved. Could see them coming for miles back the valley. Weather was perfect. Then after the stage, all the pros descended back down the road with the crowd. Naturally I had to try and hang on for a while and the belly ws a great equaliser on a descent :D:D

I always wanted to do a mountain stage on the Vuelta and it couldn't have gone much better. Bucket list well ticked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Two posts after the OP. That must be a new record for a GT thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Two posts after the OP. That must be a new record for a GT thread!

I think without any Irish interest in the GC, it's only sprint stages that will guarantee a bit of interest...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought it was a cracking stage, this Vuelta makes the other tours seem a bit dull to be honest. Just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

EC1000 wrote: »
    I think without any Irish interest in the GC, it's only sprint stages that will guarantee a bit of interest...

Well I'm clinging onto the hope that Sam can still win the points Jersey.... So I've been milking what excitement I can from hoping the break take all the points at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

CramCycle wrote: »
    I thought it was a cracking stage, this Vuelta makes the other tours seem a bit dull to be honest. Just my opinion.

I enjoyed it too. You can't surely say that this is more exciting than the TDF this year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too. You can't surely say that this is more exciting than the TDF this year?

The TdF was the best it has been in years, and I suppose my mind has not shifted over to the Idea that it can be an exciting race again. I just don't get the comment that there is no interest, pretty sure we had a few stages in the TdF that barely made it to 5 comments IIRC

Advertisement