Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee with low acidity I can buy online?

Options
  • 08-09-2019 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

I’ve been getting better but I’ve been suffering from gastritis for a while now so I need foods that are low in acidity for my stomach. Can anyone recommend and online coffee for caffetieres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Frankly, you would be best off taking a break from coffee at all until the condition improves. Coffee is well known to worsen it substantially. But if you can't do without it, try medium roast mild flavoured beans from a drip, together of after a meal; never on an empty stomach, and in moderation. South American origin would be my main choice, as they have a relatively low PERCEIVABLE acidity. And under no circumstances should you drink milk based coffee drinks, especially from those lame cafes, where they froth milk close to boiling temperatures, which turns it into an absolute killer for gastric conditions, never mind that it tastes horrible. Also, I'm not a doctor, so treat this advice accordingly. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I’ve been getting better but I’ve been suffering from gastritis for a while now so I need foods that are low in acidity for my stomach. Can anyone recommend and online coffee for caffetieres?

You could try cold pressed coffee. I find it less acidic

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

cloudatlas wrote: »

This coffee might be worth a try. Haven't used it myself but remember seeing it advertised as being easy on the stomach. There is a shop in Convent Rd, Dún Laoghaire.

Advertisement