Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man murdered in Cork city

Options
  • 08-09-2019 7:06pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1

Some chap with an anti-water charges sticker in the window of his house on Bandon Road has been murdered.

His son found his body yesterday and he has been dead for a number of days.

If you saw anything suspicious between Monday and yesterday contact the Gardaí at Angelsea Street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cupp3r

Some chap with an anti-water charges sticker in the window of his house on Bandon Road has been murdered.

His son found his body yesterday and he has been dead for a number of days.

If you saw anything suspicious between Monday and yesterday contact the Gardaí at Angelsea Street. Also if you were the man in a red jacket driving a Renault Megane at midnight on Wednesday in Bandon Road come forward as you need to be eliminated from the enquiry.

Any reason for the anti water sticker statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cupp3r wrote: »
    Any reason for the anti water sticker statement?

Suspect it was more to highlight the address in fairness as Gardai are appealing for info

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There was a fire engine by the house yesterday afternoon around 17:30 - any idea what was going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

One man charged today in connection with this. It's obviously a holding charge until the Gardaí get all their ducks in a row..

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0912/1075417-cork-murder-charge/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

One man charged today in connection with this. It's obviously a holding charge until the Gardaet all their ducks in a row..

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0912/1075417-cork-murder-charge/

I thought an older lady was also taken in, were they known to the victim?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought an older lady was also taken in, were they known to the victim?

The lady is the sister of the deceased, the man in custody is the partner of the lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

She's due in court now as well in the next few minutes.

She's due in court now as well in the next few minutes.

Yes indeed, her name is all over Facebook but inappropriate to say it officially until the court matter is dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Yes indeed, her name is all over Facebook but inappropriate to say it officially until the court matter is dealt with

Helen Jones

Helen Jones

Yes that's the name, i just didn't want to be the one to say it first prior to the court case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Word allegedly doing the rounds tonight is that the house in Mayfield was the family home left to the deceased and his sister in a will, his sister and the boyfriend took up residence there. If this is true i hope the house is now given to Paul's son once he reaches 18 (he's now 15).

Word allegedly doing the rounds tonight is that the house in Mayfield was the family home left to the deceased and his sister in a will, his sister and the boyfriend took up residence there. If this is true i hope the house is now given to Paul's son once he reaches 18 (he's now 15).

Was it him who found the body?

Was it him who found the body?

2 different stories going around.

1. Son called and got no answer,caontacted Gardai who entered via the rear of the property and found the body face down, only when the body was turned over by a doctor after confirming death was it discovered he had stab wounds and a pool of blood beneath him.

2. Son found father dead and contacted Gardai having gained entry via the rear of the property having climbed a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's shocking stuff, they won't do much time if they aren't charged with murder.

That's shocking stuff, they won't do much time if they aren't charged with murder.

Might be working on the murder charges.
    Hopefully

The charges they have on them at present are enough to keep them on remand while they work on the murder charge, as we know in order to secure a conviction they need to do their homework and do it right, so what will probably happen is when the murder charge comes along the lesser charges will be dropped and replaced with murder, only the high court can grant bail in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hopefully that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I was sent a link this evening to the accused lady’s Facebook profile.
    Her son would be quite well known.
    Without mentioning her brothers death she was feeling very sorry for herself all week and her Facebook friends were offering their condolences.
    Needless to say the comments have taken a nasty turn this evening.
    A family I think with a lot of problems.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    I was sent a link this evening to the accused lady’s Facebook profile.
    Without mentioning her brothers death she was feeling very sorry for herself all week and her Facebook friends were offering their condolences.
    Needless to say the comments have taken a nasty turn this evening.
    A family I think with a lot of problems.

I don't know the family, merely what is going around in the media, the lady charged appears to have been the eldest and only girl of a family of 5, prior to this 2 brothers were already deceased, following this there is just 1 brother left and he seems to be the only paternal connection the late Paul's son now has, their late father was called 'The Horse' The Facebook page is definitely giving indications of difficult circumstances even beyond these events.

I don't know the family, merely what is going around in the media, the lady charged appears to have been the eldest and only girl of a family of 5, prior to this 2 brothers were already deceased, following this there is just 1 brother left and he seems to be the only paternal connection the late Paul's son now has, their late father was called 'The Horse' The Facebook page is definitely giving indications of difficult circumstances even beyond these events.

The father of the dead man had a lot of association with my local town at one stage . It may have been an argument that got out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP Paul

I hope the son has other family and friends around him, is his mam in the picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Are you following the PROC thread? Very entertaining and informative - before the bleeding-hearted hand wringers got involved!.

Portsalon wrote: »
    Are you following the PROC thread? Very entertaining and informative until the bleeding-hearted hand wringers got involved!.

I wasn’t, I will be now though. Have you a link please?

I wasn’t, I will be now though. Have you a link please?

HERE.

Started slowly and then erupted after the arrests!

Portsalon wrote: »
    HERE.

Started slowly and then erupted after the arrests!

It’s getting to be a bit of a struggle to blame this weeks brutal murder on the abuses of the RCC but people like “Donald Trump” are valiantly keeping going although now cornered.

It’s getting to be a bit of a struggle to blame this weeks brutal murder on the abuses of the RCC but people like “Donald Trump” are valiantly keeping going although now cornered.

By page 45 of that thread (if it goes that far) he'll probably be blaming 800 years of oppression too!

The facebook hillarious- a lynch mob starting to form

Who's the son?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

The facebook hillarious- a lynch mob starting to form

Who's the son?

he should have said "quite well known to the guards"