Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infected tattoo

Options
  • 08-09-2019 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Got a tattoo, small, on my ankle nearly two weeks ago. It is not my first tattoo, I have several and am well able to tend to them.

It became infected after about a week!!! infected, oozing, and red. On one bit the colour has completely disappeared and is red raw. Looks like a sliver of raw steak :mad:

I went to my GP and have been given an antibiotic cream, went back to tattoo artist who seemed astonished, but said she will fix when healed.

How can I speed up the healing other than the ointment?Keep it covered, or not?At the moment I am putting a dressing on it night only. Gutted :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't keep it covered, that's creating a breeding ground for bacteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

Star Lord wrote: »
    Don't keep it covered, that's creating a breeding ground for bacteria.

At the moment I'm keeping uncovered except at night, using a non stick dressing on top of the antibiotic cream. It's no longer painful but looks bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, make sure whatever you use on it at night is as breathable as possible then. As soon as it's not 'open', or experiencing any seepage, I'd keep it uncovered then too.

Advertisement