Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is assassins creed oddessy as good witcher 3

  • 07-09-2019 10:00pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭


    I've been looking for something to play since I completed witcher 3 and both it's Dlcs. I picked this up today in Cex. I love the witcher 3. Is this game as good


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 19,446 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones


    Not to sound like a díck but if you've already bought it why not just play it to find out? No point having a bunch of people in here telling you that it's better or worse and skewing your expectations before even touching the game.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75


    Its very good, witcher 3s narrative is better but Odysseys gameplay is very good.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭marcbrophy


    Having never played a Witcher game, I can concisely say that Odyssey is better :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix


    The Witcher 3 is a far better game in my experience, but if you have never played any AC game before, you should defo give it a go..

    I got bored of Odyssey after awhile and never finished it, but thats mainly because ive played AC games before and suffered diminishing returns. Thats my problem with AC games, they do very little to try and mix it up with each outing, different location hampered in predictable story telling. But i felt Odyssey made a valiant effort to try and breath some fresh changes into its stale formula.


  • Posts: 17,381 [Deleted User]


    nix wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 is a far better game in my experience, but if you have never played any AC game before, you should defo give it a go..

    I got bored of Odyssey after awhile and never finished it, but thats mainly because ive played AC games before and suffered diminishing returns. Thats my problem with AC games, they do very little to try and mix it up with each outing, different location hampered in predictable story telling. But i felt Odyssey made a valiant effort to try and breath some fresh changes into its stale formula.

    I get around 5-10 hours from AC games before it all becomes pointless. I can't even remotely remember the story to any of the last few ones.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo


    As a rare gamer I tend to play very few games but play and replay them to death. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dragons Dogma and Witcher games being high on that list.

    Been gameless for some time now and thought to buy a new one. I have played the first 7 "main series" AssCreed games in the series up to and including Rogue.

    That leaves:

    Unity
    Syndicate
    Origins
    Oddessy.

    I usually enjoy them but always leave LONG periods between them given how "samey" they can get. Question is, is it worth now playing Unity/Syndicate/Origins any more or should I skip some or all of them before jumping to the current release?


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully


    It depends on what you enjoy, for me ACO is the better game mainly for its superb combat compared to the witchers poor combat.
    Ive made 5 or 6 attempts to get into W3 but each time i was bored stupid.
    If you prefer story over gameplay and combat then go for W3 but personally i think its one of the most overated games of all time.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude


    Its a great game its fun and you should definitely play it but its not a patch on W3.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5


    Dcully wrote: »
    It depends on what you enjoy, for me ACO is the better game mainly for its superb combat compared to the witchers poor combat.
    Ive made 5 or 6 attempts to get into W3 but each time i was bored stupid.
    If you prefer story over gameplay and combat then go for W3 but personally i think its one of the most overated games of all time.

    I can see what your saying, I still love the witcher 3 though but Bloodborne and dark souls 1-3 are my favourite games of all time


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,290 ✭✭✭✭Skerries


    I've just started playing AC:O as I'd heard it is more of a traditional RPG now
    I'm not a fan of the AC games but thought I would try AC:Origins recently as it came with Humble Bundle and grew bored of it after 8 hours but now playing AC:O it feels like how Origins should have been made in the first place


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu


    Its a great game its fun and you should definitely play it but its not a patch on W3.

    Combats better in Odyssey


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully


    Skerries wrote: »
    I've just started playing AC:O as I'd heard it is more of a traditional RPG now
    I'm not a fan of the AC games but thought I would try AC:Origins recently as it came with Humble Bundle and grew bored of it after 8 hours but now playing AC:O it feels like how Origins should have been made in the first place

    Yeah just to add im not a fan of pretty much any previous AC game but this is a proper RPG on a grand scale with simply the best combat of anything else out there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Polar101


    I think both AC Origins and Odyssey have a beautiful world, they are both enormous games. Maybe even too big to make quests and side characters feel memorable. I've played all AC games, and I like the RPG direction they went with Origins and Odyssey - feels like the devs definitely played Witcher 3. I never liked the combat in Witcher 3, it's just the usual strike, strike, dodge and there's little point to the endless random encounters.

    I do think Witcher 3 does storytelling much better, and the world is more interesting. But I'm a big fan of both Witcher 3 and AC Odyssey.


Advertisement