Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike shipping question

Options
  • 06-09-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

Looking for a UK based company (DPD, parcel force etc) that will ship a bike for me from UK to Ireland. Can't seem to get a quote from one online? Any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

I got a quote form Parcelforce last week, I think it was around £110 sterling, that was from the very south of England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Checked with parcel force, but there saying that they won't ship a bike from UK to ROI, box is too big?

AH, okay. Is it a standard cardboard bike box? What dimensions are you putting in? My was a bit oversize and it just quoted for "Parcel Large".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Have you used them before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

HI there,

I have had bikes shipped to NI by Royal Mail etc. and then couriered internally by Parcel Wizard.

Cheers,

Brendan

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Have you used them before?

No, I went with Parcelforce .

Advertisement