Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Led under counter lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

They might be a bit fiddly to put up but doable if you a half decent diyer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭listermint

get the strip led ones much handier they are self adhesive and nearly flush. They need a transformer. but handy to put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Revisiting this: So far I've installed lights running from the window to the cooker hood (blue line). I want to fully have the counter lit on the right hand side of the hood as well. The power supply comes in at the red point on that side of the hood.

Any advice on the best way to achieve this? Would rather not have wiring on display over the top of the hood.

kitchen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

GBX wrote: »
    Revisiting this: So far I've installed lights running from the window to the cooker hood (blue line). I want to fully have the counter lit on the right hand side of the hood as well. The power supply comes in at the red point on that side of the hood.

Any advice on the best way to achieve this? Would rather not have wiring on display over the top of the hood.

Is the wall solid block or a stud partition?

How is the stainless hob splashback fitted-can it be removed? If it was me I would try this-especially if its only glued on, then chase the plasterboard/block wall for a 20mm oval conduit so you can run a 1.5 sqmm T&E cable from your spur/junction box in the LHS press to the RHS press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

@glynf - Afaik its glued on. I'll check out this option so. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Did you already buy the lights? I am interested in this style of project myself. I wonder how much different colour and lumen LED strips would impact? Are the lights to help working on the counters or just provide a visual accent to the room.
    glynf wrote: »

How is the stainless hob splashback fitted-can it be removed? If it was me I would try this-especially if its only glued on, then chase the plasterboard/block wall for a 20mm oval conduit so you can run a 1.5 sqmm T&E cable from your spur/junction box in the LHS press to the RHS press.

I think a lot of these new kichens have steel studs. Would that change things?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,422 ✭✭✭✭ted1

GBX wrote: »

kitchen.jpg
    The cooker hood is probably on a socket. I’d get another roll of LED. Plug it in where the cooker hood is, run bell wire or similar out along the top of the hood and down the side of the cabinet then under the cabinet. Or in through the cabinet and tack it in to the rear of the cabinet bringing it out the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

glynf wrote: »

ted1 wrote: »
    The cooker hood is probably on a socket. I’d get another roll of LED. Plug it in where the cooker hood is, run bell wire or similar out along the top of the hood and down the side of the cabinet then under the cabinet. Or in through the cabinet and tack it in to the rear of the cabinet bringing it out the bottom
    Then it would be switched on from the hood?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

If you got a 5m strip it looks like you should have some lift over. My advice to you is drop an alarm with down where the pipes for your boiler come up, remove the kick board and bering the cable over. Im guessing there is a fridge or oven beside the unlit unit? That that unit out and bering the wire up the back drill through the gable and job done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,422 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Then it would be switched on from the hood?

Remote control, App Or voice?

Advertisement