Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24-hour ESB Networks meter x NightSaver one

Options
  • 05-09-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys in my old house I used to have a a NightSaver meter and  was nice because I have to different rates 1 for night another one for day.

now i have: 24-hour ESB Networks meter ,

my question is: is this 24hour one will make my eletricity be more expensive?

do I have to pay to ask ESB to change to the night saver one?

thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi douglasdeodato,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The 24-hour unit rate is actually lower than the day rate for the NightSaver meter, so your bill would only go up if the majority of your usage is during the night rate hours (the night rate is significantly lower than the day rate with a NightSaver meter, and the night rate hours are in effect from midnight until 9am until the end of October, then 11pm until 8am until the end of March).

There is no cost to swap the 24-hour meter to a NightSaver one, however there is a cost to change back from NightSaver to 24-hour.

The NightSaver is most beneficial for customers with storage heating or an electric vehicle that is charged through the night.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 12 douglasdeodato

was really helpful, thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi douglasdeodato, 

Thanks for your post.

You are very welcome - we're happy to advise.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Please be aware that day time units cost more when you have a night saver meter fitted. If your night time consumption is low you may end up paying more overall.

Advertisement