Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail app and IMAP problems

Options
  • 05-09-2019 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭

OK, this is starting to get really annoying now, but is anyone having problems with synchronization between the Gmail app and an IMAP email account?

What's been happening a lot recently is that I'm sitting at my PC with Thunderbird open, an email pops up, usually some junk I'm not interested in, and I immediately delete it. It's definitely gone from the IMAP server, but 5 minutes later up pops a notification on my watch for the exact same email, and indeed it appears in Gmail. So what's happening here? Is the app actually polling the server more often than the time I have it configured for and buffering them? Does it exist in a separate time space continuum, or what?

The converse also happens, i.e. I'm out and about, a mail pops up in the app, I delete it, and when I get home there it is. It appears in the Bin folder in Gmail, but that's local, not on the IMAP server.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement