Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team building suggestions

Options
  • 05-09-2019 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

My manager really wants to do a team-building day that isn't just a meal or drinks. Mindfulness, talks, outdoor activities, etc.
    The office is quite traditional and people have been here between 1 and 5 years. Most are over 40 and the oldest are in their 60s so it rules out anything too physical. That being said everyone gets on well and has the craic. It's mainly women and there'll be 10-12 people.
    The reason I'm asking is because we've to come up with suggestions and I don't want to find myself sat in a room with a giddy oddball with a box full of funny hats and telling people to come up with 2 statements, one true and one a lie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

10 pin bowling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

antix80 wrote: »
    My manager really wants to do a team-building day that isn't just a meal or drinks.

My worst nightmare, the enforced "bonding" aspect of these events ensured that having attended one about twenty years ago I've avoided like the plague any suggestion of another one since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

In fairness, everyone gets on well and is up for it. Surprising i know. I've worked in some horrible places in the past with toxic individuals and idiots so i know the type you're on about but this isn't it.
    So far we have cooking classes, eat our wares then out for drinks.
    Or an outdoor centre as they have activities for all abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Go qwest sandyford.

Good crack for a group of people. And requires team work. Also healthy competition

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

escape rooms can be good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

awesome walls in ballymun

Advertisement