Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle Half/Marathon 2019

Options
  • 05-09-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Race coming up quick, how is everyone doing. The weather looks good for Saturday, sunny mid teens and light breeze. Looking forward to it even though my training has not gone to plan. Planning to take it easy and complete it without killing myself and work from it towards Dublin. Great race and atmosphere and looking forward to the fish and chips from the van in Dingle at the end. Good luck to everyone competing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kiloecho15

Another great day for the Dingle marathon. Enjoyed it and everything went good for me. knocked a couple of mins off last years time. Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Yevon wrote: »
    Great race. Spectacular views and great weather. The stewards were great, supportive and friendly. My only real issue was with the pacers, I tucked in behind the 4.15 pacers and despite averaging about 5.50 per km over the first 5k they were pulling away from me. Not sure if they were banking time or what but it certainly didn't help my race!

I'd definitely go back again next year. If the weather is good it's surely one of the most scenic marathons in the world.

The one time I paced Dingle we did bank 2 minutes deliberately because there is a rather big climb at mile 21. On the climb itself we took it REALLY easy and still dropped every single one of the runners in our group. :(

Usually I would very much expect pacers to run even pace as much as possible. Dingle is the exception to that.

Advertisement